7 Tips for Local Search Marketing that you must do Today!
Local search engine optimization is the most important SEO task that focuses on optimizing a website (and/or business) to be found in local search results. Now, local search results are given even more prominence in search results pages, so Local SEO efforts are much more important!
You want to show up when a user searches “restaurants near me” or “veterinarians in Thousand Oaks, CA” … or else your will be losing out to your competition.
- Maintain accurate business listings online – First make sure you are utilizing this amazing tool on both Google and Bing and fill out the information completely. Check that your information is correct frequently and update info regularly. Make sure those business hours are correct and don’t forget the Holiday schedule.
- Utilize Social Media – create your strategy and review it regularly, define your audience and goals and track your progress! It’s not just about Likes and Followers, it’s about engagement. Social media platforms are free, so use them.
- Manage Your Reputation on Review Sites – Claim your profile and make sure your information is correct. Tell your story and be transparent and don’t leave bad reviews unanswered. But, most importantly Avoid Emotional Responses!
- Optimize Your Content on Your Website – Creating content catered to your niche and location is going to make an impact on your local search rankings. Keep your content fresh.
- Landing Pages Per Location – Search engines are crawling your site often and finding the most comparable matches to provide as a result in the search engine results page. By having a specific landing page for each of your business locations, search engines can easily locate your listing and deliver the appropriate location to the searcher.
- Make sure your website is Mobile Friendly – Google announced their mobile-first search index, a move that would provide a mobile-first approach when delivering search engine results. Basically, websites that are optimized for mobile devices will show up more prominently than those that are not. 60 percent of mobile searchers on their phones who conduct local searches are looking for things like a local businesses just before arriving at a store.
- Repeat steps 1-6 quarterly and track your progress.
Please contact us at 805-405-1516 for a free initial consultation. Make the first step to empower your business online today!
Robert Roslauski founded Crooked Tooth Media in 1998, An expert in lead generation, he has worked in the following industries; Mortgage, Home Loans and Personal Loans, Insurance, Home Improvement, Real Estate, Online Schools, Entertainment, Travel and more. Specializing in Consumer Experience, Usability, Interface Design, Human Factors, Lead Generation, Web Analytics, Search Optimization, and Search Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Pay Per Click and Branding. Rob has a BA from Saint Louis University.
Robert Roslauski is available for Consulting and for speeches on Internet Marketing and Lead Generation. Please contact Robert at 805-405-1516.