Top Ten Landing Page Tips for your Business
- Don’t send any traffic (Ad campaign traffic of any sort) to your homepage. Use a Landing Page!
- Each landing page should have a single purpose and thus a single focused message.
- The primary headline of your landing page matches the ad visitors clicked to get there. Don’t cause unnecessary confusion by mixing messages.
- Make your call to action (CTA) big and position it above the fold. Use bright colors such as orange or green.
- Use Directional cues such as arrows or hero shots (photos of people) pointing to the form or submit button.
- Remove unnecessary content, reduce the clutter.
- Use real testimonials (with pictures) for authenticity. Make sure you have the customers approval.
- Simplify your copy by using bullets and short sentences.
- Show your phone number so people can contact you immediately. NOTE: track calls from your landing page so that you understand the success of each campaign.
- Always be testing! A/B test the landing page often and track the results. Let the customer decide which page works best. Even tests out each tip above. Try different fonts, sizes, colors, and layouts.
We’ve ideated and performed over 8,000 landing page and form test in the past 10 years, we’re bullish on A/B testing. You will be surprised by some of your results.
Please contact us at 805-405-1516 for a free initial consultation. Make the first step to empower your business online today!
Robert Roslauski founded Crooked Tooth Media in 1998, An expert in lead generation, he has worked in the following industries; Mortgage, Home Loans and Personal Loans, Insurance, Home Improvement, Real Estate, Online Schools, Entertainment, Travel and more. Specializing in Consumer Experience, Usability, Interface Design, Human Factors, Lead Generation, Web Analytics, Search Optimization, and Search Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Pay Per Click and Branding. Rob has a BA from Saint Louis University.
Robert Roslauski is available for Consulting and for speeches on Internet Marketing and Lead Generation. Please contact Robert at 805-405-1516.